By making a booking you acknowledge that you have read our terms and conditions and agree with them. Knowing what is expected and abiding by these rules is vital in any tour or fishing trip. Please help us keep you all safe by adhering to these rules and listening to some basic instructions given by the skipper. It is fun day out there – so lets go out there and have lots of fun.
Terms and Conditions:
• Customers are required to be available at the departure point at least 10 minutes prior to the allocated time of departure. Failure to turn up on time may result in the boat leaving and the customer missing the trip. No compensation will be made for such trips missed and the customer DOES NOT have the option of booking another date.The customer will still be required to pay any outstanding amounts owed towards the trip.
• The operator has the right to cut a trip short and make a decision to return to harbour at any time due to any conditions that are deemed unsafe or unsuitable.
• Customers are always required to act in a manner that is safe for themselves and for others on board.
• Customers are required to comply with any safety instructions given by the captain. Failure to do so may result in the termination of the trip.
• Use of any illegal substance or being under the influence will result in the termination of the trip.The skipper has the sole discretion to make these decisions and no refunds will be made.
• Travel times to and from destinations are included in the length of the trip.
• All personal gear brought on board is the responsibility of the customer. Please make sure that you have adequate insurance for such items if required. The operator will make no compensation for any items lost or damaged whatsoever.
• When booking individual spaces, number of spaces booked will have to be paid for irrespective if anyone drops out or does not turn up. So please be sure with the spaces that you need before you make a booking as we turn down all other potential customers once the numbers are achieved.
• Photos taken aboard our vessels could be used for advertising purposes and social media purposes.
• The operator has the right to refuse anyone entry on the boat due to operational or safety reasons.
• Health and Safety: It is your duty to ensure that you are fit enough to cope with the activities of the day. Please advise us when making a booking of any medical conditions,illness or disability that might not be suitable for the trip.
• To make a booking a deposit will be required to firm up the booking (Details of payment will be provided on booking). Sometimes it is not possible to obtain a deposit due to the short notice, in these cases booking are confirmed by an email , text message or such other means.
• The balance of all costs must be paid prior to departure on the day of the trip or if it is convenient you could transfer the whole amount into a bank account at-least 3 working days prior to the trip. Sorry we do not take cheques. If paying by credit card on the day of the trip, additional charges would apply.
Please choose your date carefully before you make a booking. Please note that once you are booked in, all other potential customers are turned down and if cancelled by you for what ever reason puts our booking system out of place.
• Trips cancelled by customers anytime after a deposit is paid and within 24hrs of the scheduled date of trip would lose the deposit that was paid.
• Trips cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled time of the trip would incur full payment of the trip for which it was booked Outstanding balances will have to be paid in full.
• Change of dates may be accommodated if notified at least 5 days prior to the trip and if those dates are available and at the discretion of the operator.
• Trips cancelled by the operator due to bad weather or any unforeseen circumstances like machinery failure etc will be rescheduled to another suitable date as soon as possible after the cancellation. Customers must be flexible to accept a date that is available which will be offered to them giving them at least 5 days notice. We will endeavour to give you a date of your choice but that might not always be possible. If the Customer fails to accept the given dates on more than 2 occasions the operator can cancel the booking and refund the deposit minus a 50 euro admin fee which will be retained. Any credit card fee paid at the time of making the booking cannot be refunded.
• If you are booked in for a trip and this is confirmed by any means of communication, please make contact with us at least a day prior to the trip if you have any questions about the trip.
• Failure to turn up “No Show” for a scheduled trip will incur any outstanding payments for the trip and you will not be rescheduled for another date.
• Individual bookings will be accepted but does not guarantee that the trip will go out on the scheduled date if the minimum numbers are not achieved to make the trip viable.
• Trips cancelled due to an “act of God” or a “Pandemic” where there might be a partial or total lock down and the scheduled trip cannot go ahead, the trip will be rescheduled to another date on mutual agreement and the deposit paid will be carried forward to the new date. If for some reason the customer is unable to do another date and requests the trip to be cancelled then the deposit that was paid will be forfeited by the customer. Deposits forfeited cannot be carried forward and used at a later date.
Use of Rods and Gear:
• Customers are required to treat equipment with care. The operator will charge for items that are damaged due to faults or misuse by the customer. Any gear lost overboard will have to be paid for by the person responsible for the loss.
Self Drive Rentals
All boats are equipped with the legally required safety equipment and are fitted with sun shade canopies.
The boat mentioned in the chartering certificate is covered by insurance against civil liability according to Greek Law 2743/99. The insurance does not cover accidents incurred by the boat’s passengers or loss of personal items.
In case the damage incurred is higher than the insurance coverage and the person responsible for the damage is the charterer or the captain of the boat, then the charterer or captain will be liable for the exceeding cost
It is illegal to approach organized public beaches at a distance closer than 500 meters; maps are provided during the mandatory briefing with off-limit boundaries.
It is illegal for the vessel’s operator to consume alcohol or other intoxicants, the hirer is liable for any fines incurred by such activities.
EU-issued license requirements for bareboat rental
According to Greek maritime law the license must be translated to Greek by an authoritative translator. If desired, Plakias Boat Tours can arrange for this for an additional cost of 50 euros – the process takes from 1 to 4 working days.
Orientation for proper operation of the vessel and information on recommended itineraries are provided during the mandatory briefing which can be conducted in English or Greek.
At least one fully-charged smartphone is required by the Captain or passengers.
Note: We reserve the right to withhold rental of a vessel if adequate skill is not displayed during orientation.
As per regulations, a valid passport or ID card is required to hire a vessel – driver’s license or credit card is not accepted as a form of identification.
All bookings can be done either via phone, internet or in person. Confirmation is sent a day before rental after consulting local weather reports.
When making a booking please specify the number and ages of persons and if you have any previous experience with boats.
Please confirm your booking 3 days in advance.
For bare-boat rentals of boats that do not require a license only full and half day bookings can be made in advance, bookings for hourly rental can only be made the same day or the day before disembarking depending on availability.
Note: We reserve the right to cancel a booking even up to the last minute if weather conditions are not safe. Weather conditions are usually confirmed one day before the trip.